Your Doctor’s Responsibilities
- To treat you with respect and courtesy at all times.
- To treat you as an individual, and to discuss with you the care and treatment we can provide.
- To give you full information on the services we offer.
- To give you the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff.
- To provide you with emergency care when you need it.
- To refer you to a consultant acceptable to you when necessary.
- To give you access to your health records, subject to any limitations in the law.
Your Responsibilities As A Patient
- To treat all staff with respect and courtesy at all times.
- To tell us if you are unsure about the treatment we are offering you.
- To ask for a home visit, only when the patient is unable to attend the medical centre through illness or infirmity.
- To request such a visit if at all possible before 11.00am.
- To ask for an out-of-hours visit only when necessary.
- To keep your appointments and contact the medical centre in advance if you cannot.
- To be punctual for appointments, and to make a separate appointment for each member of the family wishing to see the doctor.
- Not to expect a prescription from every consultation with a doctor. There may be other options for treatment.
- To take medicines according to the instructions and to only ask for a repeat prescription if you need one.
- To let us know when you change your address or telephone number.
The practice supports the NHS policy of zero tolerance with regard to violence or abuse to the doctors, staff or others on the practice premises or other locations where treatment may take place. Persons abusing this policy may be reported to the police and removed from the practice list.
Islington Clinical Commissioning Group
The practice is part of Islington CCG. For details of Primary Care Services in the area, please visit the NHS UK website.